Thursday, October 22, 2009

Believe in yourself!

You can choose to reside in a place of fear, a place where you doubt who you are and what you are capable of, or you can choose to believe in the best version of yourself.

I saw this quote and I had to make a note of it. It struck a chord with me because I lived in a place of fear and doubt for a very long time.

I had no self-confidence and I didn’t want to face the world. Getting ready for a party or dinner out was a chore. I didn’t like the clothes I had and I knew that people would look me up and down and I’d imagine what they’d be thinking. Some were even bold enough to tell me to my face what they thought.

Fast forward to now. I still have times where I fear and doubt that I can maintain my current size. I still worry that this is all a dream and I’ll wake up back where I was. Then I snap out of it. I have found the best tools for me to keep improving my health and wellness. That was the ticket for me and all along the journey I felt great and the shrinking was a bonus.

The biggest difference in this journey has been to focus on health and wellness rather than an ideal weight or an ideal size. Each day that I eat healthy and each week that I achieve my exercise goals I know I’ve done the best I can do for myself. I’m working on the best version of myself. I am a work in progress and I am not perfect.

One key thing I notice whenever I’m with other T-Tappers is that we’re all different sizes and shapes but we’ve all come to respect our uniqueness and even celebrate the wonderful machines that we are. We all believe in our best version of ourselves and we trust that our choices will get us there.

I'm ready to help you be the best version of yourself...are you ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment