Thursday, April 29, 2010

my husband lost 14lbs so far!

A few weeks ago my husband was told by the dr. that he needed to lose weight. He wasn't feeling well, had some pains, another kidney stone developing and apparently he had lots of fat around his organs.

If you've seen my husband you'd know that he isn't huge but depending on the season his mid-section expands and contracts. He is active, runs on average 10km and even participates in races BUT he loves food and at times it is more apparent than others.

Well...this time I told him he was going to do things my way. So I started him on an Eat to Live kind of plan. He isn't perfect and when we have parties or get-togethers he's on no plan what-so-ever.

I'm happy to announce that he's lost 14lbs so far. He has been feeling better and it's fun to have someone else in the house who eats like me on a bit more than a casual basis.

The best thing is that he is, surprising to him, "not starving"! I have known this for years and it's one thing I love about being a nutritarian...no shaky, weak hunger at all!

So...he needed to get a warning from the dr. and I needed to put my foot down.

What do you need to get you going?

No comments:

Post a Comment