Monday, November 2, 2009

What do I have in common with Alanis Morissette?

The beginning of my transformation journey began with a wonderful book called "Eat to Live" by Dr. Joel Fuhrman.

Once I began eating according to the advice he offered in his book I was thrilled to have lost 19lbs in the first 6 weeks. I happily ate this way because I knew I was getting healthy and losing weight at the same time.

That is a big change from other "diets" where you starve, eat very little or remove complete macro-nutrient categories in order to quickly reach your goal but then struggle to keep it off once you start to eat normally.

Dr. Fuhrman's advice helped to me to have a more normal relationship with food and to learn what was best for my body. One big thing that I also did not do was I did not set any deadlines for the weight loss. I let myself relax and trusted that my body would do what it needed to do in order to lose weight. No crazy 20lbs in 20 days schedule...just eat and let my body do it's thing.

Well I'm not the only one who eats this way...Alanis Morissette does too!

Check out her article in People Magazine's November 9th issue. I've attached a link at the bottom.

Pretty neat!

Eating this way gave me the energy and the desire to move my body and a few years later I added T-Tapp to my life and BOOM it was like magic.

Eat to Live and T-Tapp are my magic formula!

Dr. Fuhrman has another book that breaks things down and makes it even easier to follow. Eat for Health is a two book set. One teaches you why you should eat this way and the other is a recipe book.

I highly recommend that everyone increase fruits and veggies in their daily diet as a first step. When was the last time you ate kale or collard greens?

Take care of yourself!

Here's the link to the article http://www.drfuhrman.com/library/People_Mag_Nov-09_Alanis_Morissette.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment